Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kaesea!

Saturday was Kaesea's 14th birthday. I'm happy to report this, since there were many times this past year that I did not think he would see this day. It was a very, very happy birthday for us.

Unfortunately, I was out of town for this momentous occasion, but Bill and Kaesea had a grand old time together. As a special gift, Kaesea got one full hour in the basement! (If you're just joining us now, read all about Kaesea's basement obsession right here.)

He, of course, loved it. Excuse the phone-quality photos (as well as our wreck of a basement), but here is Kaesea exploring the workbench:

Got my safety goggles, hammer, and clamp. We're good to go!


I'm pretty sure I can figure this thing out. Just plug it in and give me a few minutes.

He also enjoyed our copious amount of hockey equipment:

I am conquering Mt. Hockey Bag!

This one is difficult to make out, but we have a tunnel of hockey sticks here -- that's Kaesea's tail disappearing under them:


And, here he is, hiding behind the sticks:

I'm sure no one can see me here!

Overall, despite my absence (he pouted for about 5 minutes until Bill plied him with Ahi. Then it was all, "Mom who? Let's party, dude!") it was a good birthday for him. He remains in good health and good spirits, so that makes us happy.

I'll try to post a few more photos tomorrow and a bit more of an update. Traveling = tiring, so I need to hit the sack. Just wanted to share the good birthday news. I think we need a photo of Kaesea in a birthday hat, don't you?

2 comments: