Friday, October 30, 2009

Time = flying

Wow! I cannot believe it's been TWO WEEKS since I last posted here. No news is good news on our end -- Kaesea has been doing SO well these past several weeks. He's been eating a lot of food, he's been fluffy, he's been playful -- in a nutshell, things have been going well.

His last in-patient chemo treatment was on Oct 14 -- he handled it very well. The only problem we've had in that area is that he refuses to pee while he is at the vet all day and has now started peeing in the carrier on the way home. ("Oh, mom! I'm so happy to see you, I could pee! Whoops. I just did.") (Thank goodness for pee pee pads.)

He also had two at-home chemo doses the following week. I will say that he had some energy and appetite dips on the days following those doses, but he bounced back beautifully.

I have been leaving 2 full bowls of canned food for him every morning and he eats them all (plus kibble!) by the end of the day. I did an "informal weigh in" yesterday at home (weigh myself, weigh us both, subtract to find the difference) and my informal reading was 10 lbs. (!) I don't want to get too excited, as it is not as precise as the vet scale, but it *is* higher than other times I have done that.

Last week was a special milestone for us: Oct 19 was the six month anniversary of the morning we woke up find out that Kaesea's blood oxygen levels had plummeted overnight and he needed a blood transfusion to survive. Most of the people at the hospital that day did not think Kaesea would live through the night. He's proven all of them wrong by hanging out with us for another 6 months. I don't know how much longer we'll have him, but I am so, SO grateful to have had these past 6 months. Thank you to everyone who has supported us during this time.

As for the daily photos, I must admit I have fallen down on the job a bit, but I do have several to share. So I will post what I have this weekend, but they may not be technically "daily."

No comments:

Post a Comment