Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

And it is -- we've had a very happy 2010 so far. As always, I am reluctant to report good news as I have a fear of jinxing (not unfounded, mind you!) but I also want to keep everyone informed about how our boy is doing.

Short answer: He's been doing great.

Longer answer: He's been eating so much lately and really gaining weight. The last few days, the bathroom scale has showed him at 10.6 lbs. This is amazing news. Amazing. He looks so good! I actually said "Oof!" yesterday when I picked him up. (The difference between a 9.2lb cat and a 10.6lb cat is oof-worthy.) While the rest of us are resolving to lose weight in the new year, Kaesea has resolved to gain weight. And I like it!

Other than the weight gain, everything else is also going well -- playful, purring, fluffy, happy, and generally ruling the roost. Bill recently commented that Kaesea looked "regal." Hrm... I think he needs a crown, don't you?

As I write this, he is snoring away in one of his favorite spots -- Bill's chair. I hope everyone reading this is having a great year so far. Here's to 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment