Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mr. Flop

Kaesea is continuing to do well. He's been fluctuating between 10.4 and 10.8 pounds over the past week. Sometimes he runs around more, sometimes he eats less, and, of course, our bathroom scale isn't that accurate. Still hoping for 11 pounds, but we continue to wrestle with the picky eating.

We've had a couple of days this week where he seemed a bit glum, but he's continuing to eat and purr and play and be fluffy, so maybe it's just January blahs. Who knows. (Another time I wish cats could talk.)

Here's a random story about a recent funny change in Kaesea's behavior...

For as long as I can remember, I have been able to get Kaesea to lie down by scratching his cheeks while he is standing, then putting my hand down on the surface where I want him to lie down (usually the bed) and wiggling my fingers. He'll bend down at first for the continued cheek scratch and then he quickly gets tired of leaning so he lies down to get easier access to the Scratchin' Hand. I usually scratch his cheeks for a few more minutes and then he passes out.

In the last month or so, he has developed a new way of dealing with the beckoning hand on the bed -- he lies down right on top of it. Like: "Hmm... that hand looks comfy. I'll just plop my belly right down on it!" and then Flop! He's lying on top my hand.

The first couple of times he did this, I was surprised and ended up with a cramp in my arm from extended uncomfortable positioning (because of course I couldn't move my hand with my precious kitty woogums snuggled up on it, right?) Now I'm prepared, so I make sure that my arm is in a comfortable position before Mr. Flop comes and pins me down for the night. Heh.

No idea why he's suddenly started doing this, but it's pretty funny. Once he lies down on my hand, he starts purring like crazy and kneading his paws. "I've got you now!" Love that little weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment