Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's always something

The good news: Kaesea did really well this past week on the new chemo treatment.

The bad news: it also blasted a bunch of his white blood cells. So when he went for chemo today, his white blood cell count was too low and they could not do it.

It's not low enough to merit antibiotics or cause a fever -- it's just low enough to freak me out. Of course. So now I have to watch for "decreased appetite, nausea, and/or lethargy." Great. Just call me Helicopter Mom as I hover around the cat saying, "Are you okay? Do you feel all right? What's going on?"

Also, we get to take his temperature. Wheee! Ever take a cat's temperature? I'd recommend against it.

Continuing the good news/bad news theme...

Good news: Kaesea did not lose any weight this week.
Bad news: He also did not gain any.

Oh, come on! He has been eating like a maniac all week long and we were excited to see how much he had gained. None at all? Grr. His activity level has also been high, so I know he's burning calories, but still. Darn it.

So, yeah. It's always something.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, the roller coaster ride continues. Keep hanging on. I am, as always, routing for you both. xo

    ReplyDelete