Saturday, September 19, 2009

Not much to report

I know I've been quiet this week, but it's because there is not much to report. Kaesea weighed the same as the last two weeks (9.38 lbs). I wish he was gaining weight, but I am happy he is not losing any.

He's been eating so much food lately (for him) that I keep expecting some weight gain, but he's also pooping more (sorry -- sick kitty talk) so I guess he's just using it all up. I am amazed to see food bowls almost empty when we come home from work -- this makes my mom heart very happy.

Oh, there was good news: his white blood cell count is back to normal. Excellent! This week, he got a different kind of chemo -- it's a pill that he gets on Wednesday and Friday, so I got to give him that yesterday. He has not had any visible negative reactions to it, so we like that.

Next week, he is scheduled to get the chemo that both made him have an awesome week (active, eating, perky, etc) and also blasted the hell out of his white blood cells (grr). We are going to try a lower dose this time -- here's hoping we can get the positive benefits with less of the negative side effects. White blood cells are good.

Generally, he has seemed pretty happy this week. He's been playing with toys and sniffing around with curiosity (he even managed to sneak past me to the basement one time). He's been sleeping a lot for the past two days, but it's been hot, so it may just be heat-induced laziness -- I can totally relate.

In fact... it's nap time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment