Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Very good news at Chez Kaesea

So I've been waiting for a few days to post this, as I have a very healthy respect for jinxes, especially those invoked by posting good news regarding the health of our beloved Kaesea.

But I can't hold back any longer. Kaesea went to his vet last week and he weighed in at 11.31 lbs. That's up about 1/2 lb from his last visit. Last month.

Yes, Kaesea is rapidly gaining weight. Not only that, but his doctor basically said, "Well... guess we're done here." To be honest, I am still processing this but, in a nutshell, we have somehow been through this horrible, grueling year to come out on the other side as though it never happened.

I am grateful and happy, but also astounded. We had fully expected to nurse our sick kitty from now until the day he died, but he decided that he didn't want to be sick anymore, so here he is. Fat, fluffy, and full of himself. Of course, he may get sick again someday and I did talk to the doctor about what to expect when your cat dies of cancer (weight loss, lack of eating. Right. Got it.)

But, for now, Kaesea is well. He is healthy. It's amazing. We are so happy. That's an understatement, but I don't know how to put it. It's just incredible.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us along the way. I can never express how grateful we are for what you have given us.

As for Kaesea's daily photos... I'm going to try to continue to take them. I know that nothing lasts forever, so I will always be happy to have a million photos of him when he is gone someday.

Also, it's hilarious when he wears costumes.

Big, huge, kitty kisses to everyone! If you were here, Kaesea would give you a headbutt.

2 comments: