Friday, April 16, 2010

One rough year

One year ago today -- April 16, 2009 -- we took Kaesea to the hospital. He ended up staying there for a very long 11 days. During that time, our lives basically stood still while we watched his blood levels, learned the ins and outs of a 24 hour veterinary clinic, and hoped for the best.

Fortunately, I work for an amazing company that forgave my dropping out of work for over a week in order to spend time at the hospital with my cat. Grateful? I cannot begin to describe it.

During his time in the hospital, we were told that Kaesea had cancer. After 11 days, we stole away in the night to come home and try to get Kaesea to heal and... it worked. He has, over the course of one long, hectic year gotten better.

Miraculously.

It has not always been ups -- there have been many downs this year. In November, I really thought we were going to lose him. But since then, he has rallied and now here we are.

Thank you again and again to everyone who has stuck it out with us. During the course of the past year, I never thought I would write a post saying, "One year later, we have our cat back." And yet... here it is. Wonders never cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment