Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mr. Skinny Pants

Everything is about the same around here -- Kaesea is still hanging out and sleeping a lot. As the post title suggests, he is not eating very much and he has lost weight. I weighed him on our less-accurate-than-the-vet home scale tonight and he came out at around 9 lbs. Such a bummer.

We haven't given him the appetite stimulant for a few days, as we were hoping he would get back into it on his own. But given that it took him 5 months to get back on the Food Wagon last time he fell off, I guess we cannot expect him to be hopping back on it again so soon. So maybe we'll give him a Munchy Pill tonight and see if that helps.

He's pretty much off the subcutaneous fluids, as he is drinking water on his own. I gave him a little bit this afternoon, but I was alone and he was having none of it, so after about 40 mil, he made a break for it and whee! Fluid everywhere! Then he went and drank some water. ("Fine! See? I'm drinking it already!")

As for what next, we're not sure. We'll probably go see his doctor in a few days and see what she has to say. There has been discussion about trying yet another chemo, but I'm torn about the risks associated with that versus the benefits. Which, of course, is always the issue with treating cancer. Mostly we're just waiting to see and crossing that bridge when we come to it.

In other news, I'm not sure how well I'll be able to keep up daily photos and we pitch headlong into the darkness of winter -- yesterday, I went to work in the dark and came home in the dark. Oh, short winter days, you are not this photographer's friend. But I will certainly try.

No comments:

Post a Comment