Friday, August 21, 2009

Fluffiness Factor

I want to deny it, but I cannot: Kaesea doesn't look fantastic tonight. His breathing is fine and he does not have a temperature, but the Fluffiness Factor tells us more than numbers, and it's a little low. When Kaesea is healthy, his fur is very fluffy. When he is not, it starts to lack.

It's not the worst it has looked right now, but it's certainly not the best. On a Fluffiness Scale of 1-10 (10 being Most Fluffy), I would call this a 7. Hrm. 70% of Max Fluff -- that sounds about right.

He hasn't been eating great, although he hasn't stopped entirely and he made a good dent in the kibble bowl today. He also has not had diarrhea. He's been out and about (not crouching or hiding) and he just played with me for a good long bit.

So, overall, his spirit is good. But his health is obviously not. If things do not improve by Monday, we will have to consider yet another treatment.

Every day, I wonder. I have to wonder. To think about it. To consider...

Am I keeping him here just for me? Would he be better off if this was over? Does he want to go?

I don't know. I just don't know.

He purrs and makes biscuits with his paws when we pet him. He trots eagerly to me when I call his name. He catches toys in his paws. He butts us with his head. He loves to have his cheeks brushed. Tonight, he tried to sneak some milk out of the bottom of a cereal bowl.

These things all indicate he is still having a good life.

I hope we are able to tell when he is not. People say that we will know. I hope that's true. I guess we'll find out when we get there. In the meantime, bring on the catnip.

Here's hoping for a fluffier day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment