Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hard to say how we're doing

I was looking forward to Saturday being the post-chemo "perk up" day like it was last week. But then we were hit with a massive heat wave, so it's difficult to say how Kaesea is actually doing and if it's due to cancer, chemo, or just being hot.

It was about 85F/30C inside of our house today. Blech. We do have a portable A/C unit in the bedroom, so we holed up in there a lot.

Kaesea was extremely vocal all day today whenever I would leave the bedroom. He's clearly saying, "Hey -- come back here and hang out in this cooler room with me!" So, of course, I did. That's what Saturdays are for, right?

All this to say that it's hard to say how he's really doing. There is still some glum-ness going on, I think. But I don't know if it's the meds or the heat. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow, so I should know more then.

This has been a post about nothing. I talked about the weather.
I'm going to blame the heat for this one.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a post about everything. All the uncertainty. The day to day watching and wondering. The love and the deep bond you two share. Thinking of you both and wishing good things. xo

    ReplyDelete