Monday, August 3, 2009

A rough patch

I'm not quite sure what's going on with Kaesea right now, but he seems to be going through a rough patch. He's had a couple of loose stools and some hairballs the last couple of days. It's been the sort of thing where he's acting down and then he coughs up a hairball and I think, "Oh, so that's why you've been down!" but then... he's been sort of staying down afterward.

His eating has been decent. Not terrific, but he certainly has not stopped. He's also been interested in toys and in curling up with me, but there's something else going on.

He has an appointment on Wednesday and we will be talking again with his doctor about cancer treatments and if/what we want to do. No decisions have been made yet. My hope is that we have gotten him to gain some weight this week -- I would feel better about the treatment if we could get him a bit more bulked up first. However, I am nervous right now about the intestinal distress he has had the past couple of days. Is it just normal Kitty Stress or is it the cancer?

No comments:

Post a Comment