Sunday, May 10, 2009

Food roller coaster

After coming home from the vet on Friday, Kaesea suddenly took an interest in food. Yay! Perhaps it's because his doctor said, "Bye, Kaesea -- go home and have a snack!" when we left. Doctor's orders, right?

That night, he ate almost 3/4 of a small can of cat food, which is more than he's eaten in... I don't even know how long. It's a lot. There was much face-cleaning afterward:

And then Saturday hits and... nothing. There were a few licks here and there yesterday, but he barely ate a thing. Ugh. It kills me.

This morning (Sunday), I got him to eat about 1 teaspoon of food off of my fingers (Mr. Spoiled Rotten says, "Everything tastes better when eaten off of mom's fingers.") But he wouldn't eat out of the bowl. And he's pretty much abandoned his kibble entirely, which was like crack for him early last week. Sigh.

I know I'm probably obsessing about this too much, but he is just so skinny -- he really needs to eat more for his body to properly recover.

Other than the lack of eating, he is in very good spirits -- lots of snoozing, purring, and trotting around. He jumps up on the bed easily and loves to snuggle up with me, which is pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment