Sunday, May 17, 2009

Survey says: Nausea!

As I mentioned in my last post, we are trying to figure out what is keeping Kaesea from eating. He's obviously hungry, so our options are nausea or pain. I started giving him anti-nausea medication Friday night and he started eating almost immediately.

So it's nausea for the win!

He's eaten very well for the past two days -- at least, compared to how he has been eating. Still not quite enough food for my liking, but so much more than recently, so pretty darned great. Also, he's been eating actual cat food. From a bowl. As opposed to us hand-feeding him a few morsels of tuna or chicken every few hours. It's so great to see him eating like a normal cat. (It's also a heck of a lot easier on the humans in our household.)

Of course, this does leave us wondering: What is making him nauseated? And how are we going to solve that problem, long-term? We have another appointment on Tuesday, so I will talk to his doctor then. In the meantime, eating is good and I am looking forward to seeing if he has gained any weight when we go back in.

(If you're looking for the daily photo, I have gotten behind on posting because I've been working on our wedding invitations this weekend [Oh, yeah! We're getting married in two months!] I have been taking photos, though, so I'll post tomorrow evening.)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Mr. Handsome is eating, whatever the reason.

    ReplyDelete